Pages

Friday, April 2, 2021

Covid

I was tested for covid today. It has been 12 days that I have been in quarantine with Mami since I got exposed to C, who turned out to be covid positive. He had mild symptoms and I on the other hand had none. I remember the day we found out he was positive, I entered into a serene prayer, and begged God in all the calmness I could muster, to spare me from the symptoms, should I have the virus. The bigger miracle was to be spared altogether, which is very unlikely due to the momol I had with the covid positive. 

Why did I ask to be spared? Who wouldnt? afterall, covid was not just a health issue, but an economical concern as well. Covid-related hospitalizations cost about 200k a week. Finances are quite unstable in my family right now. We cannot afford to pay for Covid. Hence, I asked for the miracle to be spared from all that. With the surge in infection that's going on right now, I can imagine how terrible the coming days can be. Surprisingly, I am at peace in my heart. I know that God is with me and walks with me through this unknown chapter in my life. I dont know when, or how, all I know is that everything will be alright in time. 

No comments: