Pages

Friday, March 20, 2015

Grad

I'm starting to feel more and more anxious as I prepare the requirements for my graduate school application. As I fill up the application form, I cant help but to feel inadequate and unqualified. Does everybody feel that way? It's somehow crippling me from writing my essay. So far, I have drafted the thing a week ago and I'm slowly easing my way in it. It makes me laugh actually, I've never taken so much time in making a single essay before. I guess, it's my way of minimising the pressure. Afterall, it's starting to buildup again.

I know I want to do this. I know I want to take on new heights, and since its outside my comfort zone, I can't seem to reconcile within me. I guess that's good for me. Whether I make it or not, what is important is the process I am about to experience. I always tell myself how I feel inadequate or incompetent. Now that I have found a way to go around that, perhaps its good that I push myself even more despite these emotions I'm having.

Maybe i should look at the bigger picture here. I am a sophomore teacher, applying to study in grad school. Hmm, that's not as complicated, huh? Well maybe I'll stay that way for now.

It's not scary. It's overwhelming, but the good type.

No comments: