Pages

Monday, January 15, 2018

I'm back!

I probably should explain?

Well here's a pathetic attempt:

The last time I wrote was when I was slowly deteriorating because of graduate school. I was severely stressed and depressed. I was also on the verge of a series of meltdown. Eventually, I gathered the courage to take a step back and pledge 2017 to be my gap year. I took a break from graduate school, as well as from stressing myself out to be known at work, and focused my attention in what matters to me: my relationships, my mental health and my passions.

I list down what mattered to me and I spend the year dedicated to it:

I went to US for a whole month of vacation last April 2017. I explored options, developed this pact to travel more so I can overcome my condition.

I also enrolled in  UP Open University Certificate course in Personal Entrepreneurial Development.

I began an advocacy for the promotion of mental health awareness. I sold bracelets with empowering messages and for every purchase, I gift one person in need of hope. As of now, I have 300 followers in IG and have a functioning website I created from sratch. ( knottedaltogether.com)

I also revived my online business, Joilogy. I learned how to import products from China like nipple tapes and Sankyo Music Boxes.

I quit Mount Carmel's Grand Choir because I strained my throat badly. I missed singing though, so I sang irregularly with some friends in Ermita Shrine. It eventually became a monthy basis.

I picked up new hobbies like Ukulele. My goodness do I relax when I play the Uke. I am on my second instrument and hopefully the last one as well. I'm not very good at it but I am far from pressured to become an expert on it.

So far this is my life. Well rounded but at the same time, still experiencing newness.

I'm trying to balance my life from 2017 and 2016 now its 2018. How? I'm not sure yet. All I know is that I need to challenge myself again while maintaining healthy mental stability.

No comments: