Pages

Sunday, January 25, 2015

Pride and Prejudice; Revisited

I cannot count the times I have watched the 2005 movie version. It has always been my comfort movie whenever I am feeling particularly down or sometimes, mellow. The TV series starring the ever loved Colin Firth, twice. I couldnt stand the look of the Lizzy actress they chose (forgive me, fans of that actress) as I have always thought of Elizabeth Bennet as pretty and lovingly, although not far compared to Jane. I am much hooked with the webseries though. I find it very exhilirating whenever there's a new episode coming up next.

As for the book, I first was introduced to it in my second year in highschool. Having so much love for the movie, my good friend Erl was kind enough to lend me a copy from his grandmother's collection. I do admit I was young and my Engrriish was far from comprehending the entirety of the story. Yet, I have loved it. This month, I have braved my love for nostalgia and read the book again, but this time, purchasing my own sad looking copy. I received a feeling of both happiness and disappointment upon going through the book. Clearly I am a visual person. I probably thought that the characters were better off in the movies, or the series. I have loved every single modification they have done to suit the lovingly style of their own versions. But I must admit that my favorite addition anyone has done would be in the movie, when they added the line of Mr. Darcy to Elizabeth:

"You have bewitched me body and soul, and I I I, I love you. I never wish to be part from you from this day on."



Sorry, I couldnt resist. But really, Mr. Darcy. :)


I find the ending of the book quite bitin in terms of romance between Lizzy and Mr. Darcy. Its quite nice to know that the ladies, (jane and lizzy) were financially happy and Lydia very broke. I would have cared for if ever it was told how the two were romantically progressing. But I guess that's a matter of generation. Afterall, when the book was written in the 18th century, this could have been the farthest it will be in terms of romance.

I am very much at peace with this book. I am ever gonna love the story of the Pride and Prejudice.

So far, I am far from expecting to have Lizzy and Darcy's love story. I am simply very happy witnessing it.


1 comment:

opium poppy said...

keira knightly~ *swooon*
miss you joooii
i love you because you use my drawing for banner
lab lab