Pages

Thursday, July 26, 2012

Power of Silence

No matter where I turn my head to, I constantly bump into something that will remind me of things I am trying to keep off my mind. The effects are excruciating; sometimes in a good way, but mostly, in bad ways. 

Admit it; you have tried to get somebody's attention through different means. I know I have. My latest attempt, however, ended up in disappointments no matter how hard/much/many I tried. I wasn't planning on giving up until someone gave me an advice I ridiculed right away: Be silent.

Silence, will rarely catch attention. silence is almost like absence. This would definitely not catch anyone's attention. 

The best thing I did was to give it a second thought. This is so much powerful than what we think it holds. The advice was not to win the attention of people; but something else.

Silence is a gateway to inner peace. With the environment we have right now where in 'fun' has become slightly synonymous to 'loudness' , and 'power' is to 'shouting' its just too tiring to endure. Just try to turn on the television and let it go by for an hour or two. You will see what I mean. Everything is so noisy, everyone is just too loud. I do not only speak of the volume of sound. You have friends who constantly post irrelevancies in their facebook and twitter such as "i'm so bored!" or takes nonsense pictures of random things that people honestly dont give a damn about. Even this very activity i do rght now is considered noise.  

Everyone is just eager to say something, everyone is so wanting to be heard. why? Because it has become to  so noisy that its almost impossible to listen. We feel lonely because no one would listen to us. We feel desperate to be significant. Good news: there's a solution. Listen to yourself. Be silent towards others and speak to yourself. contemplate instead of blabbering the first thing that pops in your head. By doing so, you understand yourself better and this allows you to handle problems better. If this has become a habit, soon enought, you'll never mind what others think of, as long as you understand yourself. Inner peace.

Second is also a good way to becoming a good listener. Established that you have become a good listener to yourself, you'll soon find it interesting to hear others too. Good listening, is a good start for good relationships.  thus, it will bring you joy and outer peace. :)

lastly, patience. you need it. We ALLLLL need it. 

The power of silence is not a mere self thing; we might not notice it, but in due time, people will start to notice. If you are trully significant to them, it would kill them to know what's happened to you or to hear you back in their lives again. If you are not, then you did the right choice of silently moving away from their lives; you did them a favor of not annoying them, and yourself for not causing something to be embarassed about. There you go; you're wish to be noticed has been granted. I wouldn't be sure however if you'd still care about that when it comes. 

No comments: