Pages

Saturday, June 23, 2012

Infringement!

You have no idea how pissed I was to find out that this guy

 and someone named Romero Anghel uploaded two of my unfinished Field Study papers. I have no idea how in the world they got my files, but i could only assume from one of those internet shop I printed in.  I wish I screenedshot the document I found in scribd. Anyway, since I'm not in the wrong mind to confront this guy, I wrote to scribd.


Greetings.
It has come to my attention that TWO of my academic papers for a college course was uploaded here in Scribd by two users:
Deo_____ http://www.scribd.com/doc/69206265/49472264-FS4-Individualand
Romero_____ http://www.scribd.com/doc/62690309/FS4I do not know how they got a hold of these files, but I would like to request that you please take it down immediately.It is my intellectual property I wish not to share this with anyone.
I hope you can aid me in this matter.
Sincerely,
[My name]
Philippines

To my surprise, they immediately responded with a very technical format, They told me that they take reports about copyright infringements very seriously, and that for me to proceed to the report, I had to take necessary actions. I filed a formal affidavit claiming the ownership of the two documents. Thankfully,

Thank you for contacting the Copyright, Abuse, and Privacy group at Scribd. We have processed your DMCA copyright infringement takedown notice.
At the date stamped on this notice, Scribd (scribd.com) disabled access to the document(s) at the following URLs:
http://www.scribd.com/doc/69206265/49472264-FS4-Individualhttp://www.scribd.com/doc/62690309/FS4pursuant to the notification that we received on 19 June 2012.
Scribd complies as a service provider with all applicable provisions of the United States Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) of 1998. Our policy is to respond to any notices of infringement that meet or exceed DMCA-mandated criteria for validity by expeditiously removing infringing material. In addition, we will terminate user accounts, when deemed appropriate by review, pursuant to our repeat infringer policy.
The documents listed above were added to Scribd's copyright management system automatically upon removal from the site. This system makes encoded digital "fingerprints" of the copyrighted works and stores them in a database that's inaccessible to the public. New uploads to the site are checked against the encoded "fingerprints" in our copyright system. If there's a significant match, the content is removed from Scribd. 


=D 


Okay so why is this an issue? two words:


Intellectual Property. 


I know, I know, its not as if I am some sort of a prestigious degree holder to be proud and all of my works, but the very idea that somebody takes my hard work for granted really hurt me.I know why it is online, to help those lazy students with their requirements and just copy my work. I know how it is to be a student, and  if I managed to graduate without stepping on anyone, so can everybody else. 


Respect.

No comments: